Friday, November 5, 2010

Tea Concept Label

For our second project in Digital Computer Graphics, we had to make a drink label using the following guidelines:

-No gradients, transparencies, filters, effects, blurs, blends or Live Trace
-3 colors
-Draw with the pen tool
-Use only one font

We were given a list of drinks, I choose the organic tea, which will be sold to upper-middle class adults 20-40, new age hippie yuppies. The fictional company is based in Vermont.

Here is my initial concept for this project:


I noticed I forgot to give the tea a flavor, so I added that to the label and changed the size and placement of some elements:

For the final product, I just added a few minor details, nothing drastic. But I did notice that for some reason the "i"s look like they are capitalized. I used the "Save for Web and Devices" feature in Illustrator all three times. I'm not sure why the image became distorted:
I decided to save the file as .pdf to see if I would get the same results and it came out fine. I'm going to explore this issue further to find out why that will occur. 

This is my final image, I promise I'm not going to play with it anymore:


No comments:

Post a Comment